Floating RecordVertical Turntable
Built in Chicago.
A high-performance turntable that plays your records vertically through built-in, dynamic, full-range stereo speakers. Get ready to spin vinyl right out of the box.
LISTEN YOUR WAY
With built-in RCA line out ports, you can bypass the integrated speakers and use the Floating Record as a standalone Hi-Fi turntable for your own audio setup. Additionally, you can use your headphones through the built-in 3.5mm stereo jack.
33 ⅓ OR 45
You can easily switch between 33 ⅓ or 45 RPM by moving the silicon belt over the inner or outer groove of the middle gear.
- 17” Wide x 10” Deep x 16” Tall
- Easy to use, all-in-one system
- Walnut or Maple Veneer Wood Base
- Carbon-Fiber Tone-Arm
- Hi-Fi Phono Pre-amp
- International Voltage Compatible
- Built-in 2" full-range stereo speakers
- Belt-Drive System (33 1/3 or 45 RPM)
- RCA Line Out
- Vibration Dampening Feet
- Pre-installed AT95E Cartridge
- Hand-assembled in Chicago, IL
- Super-refined folded MDF construction
- Fully-adjustable Carbon-Fiber Tone-Arm w/ dynamically set tracking force
- AT95E Audio-Technica Dual Magnet Cartridge with Elliptical Diamond Stylus
- 2" Neodymium Full-Range Stereo Speakers
- Built in phono stage with RIAA equalization curve
- Onboard 2x15W Stereo Audio Amplifier, Tripath TA2024 Class-D / Class-T architecture
- Manual Belt-Drive System (33 ⅓ or 45 RPM)
- A/C Synchronous motor with super high precision motor control circuit
- Low resonance, high mass, acrylic Plinth and Platter
- RCA Line Out
- Headphone Jack
- Universal AC to DC power supply compatible with US standard 60 Hz, 110/120 VAC or European standard 50 Hz, 220/240 VAC (Snap-in power plugs are included for operation in countries around the world)
- 17" Wide x 10" Deep x 16" Tall
- 14 lbs.
- Vibration Damping Feet
The Floating Record has been meticulously engineered to play flawlessly in a vertical orientation. The most crucial element for vertical playback was the tone arm. We had to make sure that the force applied to the vinyl was exactly the same as it would be on a high-quality horizontal record player, and we had to make sure that gravity wouldn't act on the stylus to disrupt its motion.
To address the first concern, the tone arm was outfitted with a small, adjustable spring that controls the tracking force. This applies just the right amount of pressure to keep the stylus in contact with the record, and comes pre-set to a tracking force of two grams, which is the optimal tracking force for the Audio Technica cartridge and stylus we use.
To address the second concern, we utilized the tone arm's counterweight to radially balance it. This means that no matter how the tone arm is positioned, it will remain balanced, and gravity will not pull it down. For the record player, this means that the stylus will stay exactly in the center of the record's groove, because gravity isn't affecting its position at all.
We also made it a priority to eliminate any feedback or resonance that might occur due to the internal speakers. To achieve this, our engineers isolated the tone arm, used high-density acrylic for the plinth and platter, and reduced the resonance of the MDF base. The result is that, even at high volumes, you will not experience any feedback or resonance issues.
Yes, and yes! We ship to almost every country worldwide, and the Floating Record is compatible with international voltage.
Yes! The Floating Record has a built-in phono preamplifier, so all you'll need to do to is connect the Floating Record to your receiver, amplifier, or powered speakers using RCA cables and a "line-level" input.